We’re Hiring – Office Admin Support
The Intelligent Design Centre are recruiting for an Office Administrator to manage the daily administration tasks at our Accrington-based architectural practice.
We are a young team of five working on a range of residential and commercial projects for clients across Lancashire and the UK. The introduction of an Office Administrator is a welcome addition to the IDC family and provides an opportunity for the right individual to make the role their own with the potential to progress within the company.
The role is multi-faceted and will provide essential office support and administration to the existing team. Typical tasks include:
- reception duties, including answering incoming calls, managing visitors, and scheduling appointments,
- dealing with general emails, postal correspondence, and customer queries,
- providing administrative support to the technical staff, managing timesheet system, and updating database,
- maintaining the job database including carrying out the new job entering process,
- filing paper and electronic documents and dealing with archiving process,
- dealing with and maintaining petty cash records, using Xero Accounting software to produce invoices, input bills, and chase payments (training provided),
- managing stationary / consumables ordering and
- supporting our external marketing agency with website updates and social media posts.
Although office experience is desirable, it is not essential as full training will be provided. As a company we deliver a high standard of customer service therefore you must possess:
- strong communication, written and organisational skills,
- ability to follow processes,
- proficient in the use of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- attention to detail and
- the ability to work on your own once given direction.
- Full-time position:5 hours per week
- 9am – 5:30pm Monday-Thursday
- 9am – 4:30pm Friday
- Salary: £20,000 + pension
- Holidays: 20 days holidays per year, 8 days bank holiday + 3 additional days off between Christmas and New Year
- Location: The Intelligent Design Centre is based in the heart of Accrington Town Centre, very close to the train and bus stations. An on-site car park is available and there are ample places to purchase lunch or grab a coffee!
Due to the nature of the role, this position does not offer the opportunity for flexible-working or remote working.